Help WHO fight COVID-19
The COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund
The world is facing an unprecedented challenge with communities and economies everywhere affected by the growing COVID-19 pandemic. The world is coming together to combat the COVID-19 pandemic bringing governments, organizations from across industries and sectors and individuals together to help respond to this global outbreak. The outpouring of global solidarity and support sparked by this shared challenge has been phenomenal.
The World Health Organization (WHO) is leading and coordinating the global effort, supporting countries to prevent, detect, and respond to the pandemic.
Everyone can now support directly the response coordinated by WHO. People and organizations who want to help fight the pandemic and support WHO and partners can now donate through the COVID-Solidarity Response Fund for WHO at www.COVID19ResponseFund.org.
5 March 2020
“We’re grateful to the over 200K individuals & orgs who have contributed to the #COVID19 Solidarity Response Fund. Since we launched it less than 2 weeks ago, the fund has raised over USD 95M.”- @DrTedros
The Strategic Preparedness and Response Plan outlines a funding need of at least US$675 million for critical response efforts in countries most in need of help through April 2020. As this outbreak evolves, funding needs are likely to increase.
Click on the DONATE NOW button below to donate to the COVID-19 Response Fund through this secure digital portal. You can find information there on payment options and tax exemption possibilities for some countries.
Donations received will go towards funding the activities of the Strategic Preparedness and Response Plan, which include among others:
- Putting in place activities to Track and understand the spread of the virus;
- Ensuring patients get the care they need
- Buying and ship essential supplies such as masks, gloves and protective wear for frontline workers
- Producing evidence based guidelines and advice, and make sure health workers and responders get the information and training to detect and treat affected patients;
- Producing guidance for the general public and for particular groups on measures to take to prevent the spread and prevent themselves and others
- Accelerating efforts to develop vaccines, tests and treatments.
Your donation is greatly appreciated in the global effort supporting the ability of all countries to respond to COVID-19, especially where the needs are greatest and in countries with less access to global markets and lower resources